Monday, October 8, 2007

Champagne Popping!

For a dear friend, I started penning a poem.
Inspirations fail me and I had to put it aside.
A wise decision that was
For I found a new muse and abandoned the work in progress.


On the sunny morning of Sept 21st
I opened my eyes and discovered a miracle.
Golden brown leaves adorn the evergreens of Singapore
A beautiful and lovely sight to behold.


On this glorious morning, a dear friend gave me a heart attack.
My close friend of years dropped a bomb
When out of the blue he announced:
“Damn. My gf will worry. And I don’t want her to”


What would you have done
If someone close to you drops a statement like that
Without prior warning or hints?
Well… A virtual whack he received and the latest gossip I soon had.


A fairy tale romance unravelled
The sweetest story of the year I heard
2 lovely people falling in love with a future mapped out
And a declaration “Auntie, I am so blissed out”


“I shan’t tell you more,” he suddenly proclaimed.
“Otherwise, you’ll be feeling too mushied out” he says.
Another whack landed before he surrendered the details
The story he was dying to reveal.


Gushes of praise he has for her
Undying feelings of love for her he proclaimed
Pieces of the jigsaw pieced together
As I heard how the relationship had progressed.


Rare it is to find a whirlwind romance
Even rarer when it happens to someone dear.
Joyous is the occasion and elation is in the air.
A very eligible bachelor has found his true love!


Uncountable times I must’ve said today
CONGRATULATIONS my dearest friend
Treasure and appreciate the apple of your eye
And may your love blossom and grow strongly


I’ll start saving up for your big day
For I look forward to that special day
When Uncle dearest relinquish his bachelorhood
And embarks on that special journey with his lovely missus.

No comments: