The following poem was written for a friend who’s leaving the company where we both first knew each other.
Although it’s written for her, it also expresses my feelings back when it was my turn.
To all friends. To friendship.
Since I first stepped into this company
Through it all, there were good times and bad
During the good times, I’m glad I’ve had you
And throughout the bad, thank you for standing by me
Although I now must leave,
I bring with me
The joy of knowing you
The happiness I’ve shared
The security of your friendship
Although I will no longer be by your side
9 hours a day mondays to fridays
My number is always in your phone
So do remember me in the days to come
Please feel free to call or sms me
Even if it’s for the most ridiculous reason
But I’ll very much prefer it if it’s for reasons that go
“Hi. Hello. I miss your presence.”

No comments:
Post a Comment